Creating Wealth - Use your EPF savings to generate Money

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Passive Income Through Unit Trust

I have been investing in unit trust (ut) since 2004. My initial investment was in Public Islamic Equity fund (PIEF). I was skeptical and have a limited knowledge about unit trust then. I invested in it buying the idea of getting a better return than ASB.

But now after 4 years of retaining my initial investment and also few monthly investments, my investment has given me a good 48.81% return or average of 12.2% return pa. (assuming the repurchase/selling price of RM0.3427) I did not do anything on the investment, as i told you before due to my lack of knowledge then, i acted as a passive investor. Some people have gained even more return as they were a bit more ut savvy than me.

I would like to quote a simple example of a ut savvy investor as shared in Personal Money, March 2008.
"To maximise returns from my ut investments, I fully utilised the free switching facility provided by the fund houses. I invested in a local small-cap fund i 2000. It performed well until the outbreak of SARS in November 2002. By then, I had switched to a bond fund to preserve my capital. After six months, I switched back to the small-cap fund. In 2005, I switched to a fund investig in China and subsequently switched to the bond fund last November when the sub-prime crisis was escalating. My total return for this particular investment to date is about 210%." (Chong Yong Kee, Ipoh)

The key here is to know when to switch to where? For this very reason, you need to have a good ut consultant.

Thats why, immediately when i decided to become a ut savvy investor i also decided to become a ut consultant. As a ut consultant, i can leverage my knowledge to help other investors to make their decisions as well.

Im a certified UT consultant attached with Public Mutual Berhad. If you want to learn more about unit trust, fell free to call me at 019-5756400 or email me at huzaifahm@yahoo.com. Im ready to share my knowledge and experience with you. ( i will share the outcome of my another investment later)

No comments: